Mexican Poppy Seeds – Tukhm-e-Satenasee is original herb in Pakistan available for online delivery to your home.
Mexican poppy is a plant that is commonly found in Mexico but now spread all over the world. You can find this plant commonly all over Asia since it thrives well even in poor soil and in extreme drought conditions. The plant produces yellow latex which is widely used for treating many skin diseases. The whole plant is covered with thorns and produces yellow flowers and seeds that closely resemble mustard seeds. Mexican poppy seeds/Tukhm-e-Satenasee (ØªØ®Ù Ø³ØªÛÙØ§Ø³Û) also known asÂ Argemone mexicana,Â Yellow Thistle seeds, Mexican Prickly Poppy seeds and Flowering Thistle seeds.
Mexican poppy possess analgesic, antispasmodic, hallucinogenic, sedative, anti- bacterial, anti-cancer, anti-diabetic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is used to treat various health problems.
Seeds are used to cure the health ailments such as cough, pertussis, asthma, skin diseases, wounds, leprosy, odontalgia, constipation, dental caries, colic, rheumatalgia and flatulence.Â The seeds are considered laxative, expectorant, emetic and demulcent.
It is useful to treat toothache, bile, colic, ulcers, wounds, kidney pain, skin infections, diabetes, pimples, rashes, spots, malaria, convulsions, bleeding, inflammation, spasms and infection.
- Seeds possess toxic alkaloids such as dihydro sanguinarine and sanguinarine so it is not advised to eat them.
- The intake of seeds might show the symptoms such as nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, limb swelling, breathlessness, and glaucoma. Death can be caused due to cardiac arrest.
- The pregnant or lactating women and children should avoid its use.
- The excessive use could lead to dehydration and over purgation.
- It should not be used by the people with diarrhea, colitis, IBS with loose motion and dysentery.